The Leveller is a progressive, independent, not-for-profit campus and community newspaper in the Ottawa-Gatineau region on unceded Algonquin territory. The Leveller publishes monthly during the academic year, September-April.
The Leveller is currently recruiting a volunteer Online Editor to manage the newspaper’s online content, including website and social media.
The Online Editor will be responsible for:
- Content management on the Leveller’s WordPress website (this one!)
- Update site regularly with articles as needed o Upload articles from newly published issues
The Online Editor should have:
- Experience with WordPress or other Content Management System
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Social media savvy
- Passion for independent media and social justice
1-3 hours per week average with peak period surrounding publishing cycle. The Online Editor must be available to commit hours at the end of the Leveller’s monthly publishing cycle. Please only inquire about this position if you are serious and able to commit to each monthly issue over the next Volume (Sept/Oct/Nov and Jan/Feb/March).
The Online Editor receives an honourarium at the end of the Volume.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on how to apply.