The Leveller is a progressive, independent, not-for-profit campus and community newspaper in the Ottawa-Gatineau region on unceded Algonquin territory. The Leveller publishes roughly every four weeks or so during the academic year, September-May.
The Leveller is currently recruiting an Advertising Assistant to research and solicit potential advertisers in order to enhance the newspaper’s advertising revenue stream.
The Advertising Assistant will be responsible for:
- Researching and developing an advertising plan for the organization.
- Soliciting advertising from non-corporate entities – including unions, non-profit organizations, campus groups, and small, local businesses.
- Enhancing the organization’s advertising revenue stream.
The Advertising Assistant should have:
- Some experience in the realm of business, communications, advertising, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Passion for independent media and social justice
1-3 hours per week average.
Opportunity to receive commission and/or honourarium.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on how to apply.